They say only the good die young which explains Robert Mugabe dying at age 95.
It is possible there was a time when he did more good than bad, but it was very long ago.
Mugabe was a Marxist freedom fighter who was Zimbabwe’s first PM/President then dictator. He also had seven degrees including a master of economics from the University of London.
Some of his achievements include:
- 10,000 civilians killed by his troops
- Encouraging violent seizure of farms
- Widespread torture
- TV ads showing people who voted for the opposition dying in car crashes
- Unemployment rate of 95%
- Described gays as “worse than dogs and pigs”
- 231,000,000% inflation rate
- A drop in life expectancy of 20 years
- Nationalising food distribution and only giving food to those who voted for him
- Killings and gang rapes of political opponents
Few people can say they destroyed a country, but Mugabe can.