While visiting the Wairarapa today with National’s Wairarapa candidate, Mike Butterick, Ms Collins revealed details of National’s Wairarapa transport package. It includes two projects that will be fast-tracked with funding from the $300 million set aside for ‘digger-ready’ projects in National’s $31 billion infrastructure package announced last week.
Those fast-track projects are:
· The Norfolk Road Roundabout upgrade
· SH2 Waingawa to Clareville Safety Improvements
National’s Wairarapa transport package also includes:
· Upgrading the Ngaumutawa intersection in Masterton
· Safety improvements on the SH2/Chester Road intersection
· New passing lanes between Masterton and Woodville on SH2
· Investigating a replacement Waihenga Bridge on SH53 at Martinborough
“National has a simple approach to infrastructure. We make decisions, we get projects funded, and we actually deliver them,” Ms Collins says.
Looks like a good package for Wairarapa.
People often just want the basics for their communities – job, decent incomes, good schools, good hospitals and good roads.