The National caucus meets tonight to elect a new leader. I don’t know who is standing, but I will blog on candidates as they declare.
For each candidate I will do a blog post on the case for them, as I see it.
I assume Judith Collins will be a candidate. What is the case for Judith:
- Experienced. Has been an MP for 18 years, and a Minister for nine years
- Well-known: Doesn’t need to be introduced to the public
- Assured: Judith would be confident in taking on Ardern and Labour
- Economic credibility: former Minister of Revenue and Energy & Resources
- Strong media presence: Does weekly spots on the AM Show
- Strong brand: Labour are trying to say no one knows what National stands for now. People know what Judith stands for
As I said, I’ll do a case for any other candidates as they declare.