ACT have released their draft law and order policy. Safe to assume that unlike Labour, funding the Mongrel Mob is not part of their policy. Their key points are:
- Introduce Gang Injunction Orders based on the UK ones introduce in 2009
- Ban gang members on welfare benefits from spending the benefit money on alcohol, gambling or tobacco
- Automatically increase Police numbers annually to maintain ratio of 1 officer per 500 population.
- Abolish the target to reduce the prison population by 30% as the role of Corrections is not to reduce the number of people in prison, but keep the community safe
- Make rehabilitation programmes compulsory for prisoners to gain parole