National has laid out what its plan or strategy would be for vaccinations, if it were Government. The summary:
- Urgently vaccinate all frontline workers including supermarket staff, healthcare workers and Police (only 40% vaccinated).
- Vaccinate the vectors. As two thirds of cases are under 30, open up vaccinations to them as they are most likely to spread it.
- Increase daily vaccinations to 100,000 by using more GPs and pharmacists as only 12 pharmacists in Auckland are being used.
- Order vaccine boosters immediately
- Introduce a vaccine passport for international travel so that NZers wanting to travel overseas can easily prove they have been vaccinated.