Jacinda is only 42 years old, so obviously will have a career post-politics. She probably won't want much at first, as family time will be a priority. But with her international recognition, there are a number of roles she could do. The christchurch Call is obviously important to her, so just around that, the possibilities are:
- Become the Executive Chair of the Christchurch Call, and continue to meet with heads of governments and tech companies to reinvigorate it. Her working FT on this would make a huge difference.
- Take up a second level role in one of the giant tech companies, such as Nick Clegg did with Facebook. Not only would she earn squilliions, she could make change from within.
- Be appointed by the NZ Government as its global ambassador for cyber-security and cyber-responsibility.
- Take up a UN role such as head of the UN Office of Counter-Terrorism, which deals with cyber issues and violent extremism.
- Ambassador to the US. They love her there. She would gain huge profile for NZ and have massive access to top US officials