Okay, so what are the different bloggers saying on the Labour leadership.
My view was expressed last week where I basically said Cunliffe is the safer option, while Shearer has the greater potential to grow Labour’s vote more. If Labour had got a result in the low 30s, then Cunliffe would make more sense, but with a result in the mid to high 20s only, then Shearer seems the better course.
- Keith Ng backs David Shearer
- Russell Brown appears to lean towards Shearer
- Imperator Fish is undecided after the Auckland meeting
- Chris Trotter endorsed David Shearer
- Brian Edwards now backs David Cunliffe
- Cactus Kate says it should be David Cunliffe. She also reports that some Auckland members are unhappy their MPs are not consulting them on their decision.
- Homepaddock is not giving a preference, but notes that at the Auckland meeting Grant Robertson refused to give an assurance he would not challenge for the leadership before 2014.
- Most of the commenters at The Standard appear to be backing Cunliffe
- Dim-Post is tepidly in the Shearer camp
- Hard to tell Whale Oil’s position – I think he is like Brian Edward’s – was Shearer, and now Cunliffe
- John Pagani backs Shearer
- Mickey Savage is a Cunliffe supporter
- Lew Stoddart supports Shearer
- Phil Quin is in the Shearer camp
- Morgan at Maui Street defends Nanaia Mahuta, saying she was the standout in the Native Affairs debates
Of course only 34 Labour MPs get a vote. Not sure what happens if it is a tie!Tags: Blogosphere, Labour Leadership