Paula Bennett announced:
Figures for the December 2013 quarter released today show over 17,000 fewer people are on benefit compared to December 2012. …
“The decrease includes over 8,000 sole parents who have gone off the benefit, a 9.4 per cent drop compared to the same time last year,” Mrs Bennett says. …
Over 19,800 people cancelled their benefit to go into work in the last quarter.
Here’s the benefit levels compared to three years ago.
- Jobseeker – Work Ready – 20.3% lower
- Sole Parent Support (SPS) – 13.0% lower
- Supported Living Payment (SLP) – 0.7% higher
- Emergency Benefit (EB) – 14.6% lower
- Emergency Maintenance Allowance (EMA) – 13.2% lower
- Youth Payment/Young Parent Payment (YP/YPP) – 15.4% lower
- All Working Age Benefits – 8.7% lower
Good to see most heading in the right direction.