I stole this off The Kiwi Flies Again.
How to do it:
1. Go to Wikipedia
2. In the search box, type your birth month and day but not the year.
3. List three events that happened on your birthday
4. List two important birthdays and one death
5. One holiday or observance (if any)
* 1297 – Battle of Stirling Bridge: Scots led by William Wallace defeat the English.
* 1973 – A military coup in Chile headed by General Augusto Pinochet topples the democratically elected President Salvador Allende. Pinochet remains in power for almost 17 years.
* 2001 – The September 11 attacks destroy the World Trade Center in New York City, part of The Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia, and crash a passenger airliner in Pennsylvania. In total almost 3,000 are killed.
Two important birthdays:
1885 – D.H. Lawrence, English novelist (d. 1930)
1967 – Harry Connick, Jr., American singer
2003 – Anna Lindh, Swedish Minister for Foreign Affairs (assassinated) (b. 1957)
One holiday or observance:
New Year’s Day in the Ethiopian calendar (Enkutatash)