The HoS has discovered some of the academic challenges students have to do, to gain NCEA credits. Almost enough to make you weep. They include:
* knowing how to apply for a benefit
* having a conversation with a friend
* turning up to school on time.
* doing the washing
* gift-wrapping a present
* buying groceries.
* holding a conversation with a friend
* choosing appropriate clothing
It is such a shame that some students work so hard to get qualifications that are basically meaningless. I doubt if there is an employer in the land who now seriously looks at NCEA grades when deciding to employ someone.