The NZ Open Source Awards 2010 have opened for nominations, They can be for:
- the contributions of New Zealanders to free and open source projects and free and open source philosophy
- exemplary use of free and open source by New Zealand organisations.
- Open Source Use in Government
- Open Source Use in Business
- Open Source Use in Education
- Open Source Use in the Arts
- Open Source Software Project
- Open Source Contributor
- Open Source Advocate
- Open Source People’s Choice Award
Nominations close on 15 September 2010.
I am a big fan of open source software – not because of the often lower cost, but because it leads to such great innovation when people from all over the world are free to take existing software and modify it.
I’m proud to be one of the judges for the 2010 awards, so am looking forward to seeing the entries come in.