Auctioning the rock

A very funny auction on Trade Me. The blurb is:

For sale 1 owner 25 – 30 tonne landscape feature (answers to the name Rocky) …

He is in pristine condition (just a little bit of concrete dust). Suitable for garden feature, or as in our case a magnificent addition to your living area.

Rocky will enhance your “indoor outdoor” flow considerably, especially if you load him in through the garage roof like we did.

Sorry, but we are unable to deliver Rocky but would be happy for you to pick him up and roll him away (please mind our neighbours when you do) 🙂

The Q+A is of course great:

Hi Phil, the rock looks awfully shiny are you sure it has not been pre-owned? kincare (64 ) 3:23 pm, Mon 28 Feb

Answer: Nope – just the one owner for the last 65 million(ish) years. 3:56 pm, Mon 28 Feb

What sort of council permits do you need to have?? I’m sure there must be some 🙂 milo134 (25 ) 4:20 pm, Mon 28 Feb

Answer: Yep – you need a 4017 form filled out in triplicate. This is called an “Application for homing a large rock”. This form must then be taken to at least 6 council offices to be approved by 6 different departments and then into ECAN for environmental approval. Once complete you must apply to the SPCR (society for protection of rocks) for a housing permit. For a small fee I can help you with this :0

All proceeds from the will go to the earthquake relief fund.

%d bloggers like this: