In my column at the NZ Herald I look at the various parliamentary scandals and resignations over the years, from the Moyle affair in 1977 to the Nick Smith resignation. I even grade each out of 10 for seriousness. For those wondering the top ranked were:
- Taito Philip Field – 10/10
- Cave Creek – 10/10 (not a scandal in the normal sense, but impt to include)
- Deputy PM Duncan Macintyre and the Marginal Loans Board affair – 8/10
- Tuariki Delamere over immigration conflicts – 8/10
- The Peters/Glenn undisclosed donation and lobbying on Glenn’s behalf – 8/10
- The Richard Worth affair – 8/10
The bottom ranked at 1/10 was David Parker over alleged false company records.