So how much extra money will Winston personally get, and his parliamentary party get for winning Northland, and bringing in an extra List MP. It’s quite a bit.
- Winston – $1,360 extra salary per year
- Barbara Stewart (NZF Whip) – $1,360 extra salary per year
- NZ First Parliamentary Party:
- $64,320 extra leadership funding
- $22,000 extra party funding
- $3,804 extra relief funding
- $354,832 extra MP funding
- $444,956 total additional taxpayer funding
Not a bad outcome for Winston. I’m sure of course all that extra funding will be used to work tirelessly on behalf of the people of Northland.