The Miami Herald has details of how a poll was done in Cuba recently, despite it being illegal to do so. The methodology sounds very impressive- great effort was made for it to be accurate. The 18 surveyors were at considerable risk in conducting the poll.
- Only 19% satisfied with the joys of a socialist economic system, and 79% dissatisfied
- 44% have a positive opinion of Fidel Castro and 50% a negative opinion
- 47% have a positive opinion of Raul Castro and 48% a negative opinion
- 80% have a positive opinion of Barack Obama and 17% a negative opinion
- 32% have a positive opinion of the Cuban Communist Party and 58% a negative opinion
- 64% want to travel abroad and 37% want to open their own business
- 55% would like to live in another country
- 53% say the US is a friend of Cuba and 10% say not a friend
Shows why we should distinguish between the Cuban people, and their Government.