Above are the 40 long listed designs for an alternate NZ flag.
This will be reduced down to four for the first referendum, of which the winner will go into a binding referendum in which the public for the first time ever will get to decide on the design of our flag.
The ones that appeal to me at this stage are:
- Silver Fern (Black with Red Stars) byKyle Lockwood
- Koru Fin by Daniel Crayford and Leon Cayford
- Silver Fern (Red,White & Blue) byKyle Lockwood
- Black Jack by Mike Davison
- Silver Fern (Black & White) by Kyle Lockwood
- Manawa (Blue & Green) by Otis Frizzell