Interesting to see the results of the elections for the Auckland Energy Consumers Trust. The results were:
- Karen Sherry (C&R) 20,968
- Mike Buxzkowski (C&R) 19,761
- James Carmichael (C&R) 19,390
- William Cairns (C&R) 17,824
- Paul Hutchison (C&R) 16,942
- Judith Tizard (CV) 12,285
- Jeanette Elley (CV) 10,556
- Anne-Marie Coury (CV) 10,364
- Simon Mitchell (CV) 7,535
- Kirk Sepes CV) 6,445
So the left wing City Vision ticket got trounced, not winning a single place, let alone a majority.
The incumbent C&R team had a clear position – they will let residents enjoy the benefits of community ownership through dividend payments, to help them meet their bills.
The Labour/Green ticket campaigned on making Vector invest in solar power, electric vehicles, Tesla batteries, home insulation programmes and demand smoothing. Not even a big name such as Judith Tizard could come close.