You can now set up an e-petition on the parliamentary website – a long overdue feature. Good to see it finally happen.
The subjects of the six petitions to date is, umm, interesting. They are:
- That the House of Representatives conduct an inquiry, with submissions open to the public, on difficulties completing the 2018 census.
- That the House of Representatives pass legislation making marijuana accessible to all Kiwis for medical and recreational use.
- That the House of Representatives pass legislation establishing a “right to be forgotten” in a similar vein to that in action in the EU.
- That the House of Representatives pass legislation to tax all religious institutions.
- That the House of Representatives amend the law to decriminalise adult consensual incest for over 21s, cancel previous convictions, end existing sentences, and legalise consanguineous marriage.
- That the House of Representatives repeal the Reserve Bank of New Zealand Act 1989, and pass new legislation to move the New Zealand Dollar to a gold standard with a 1:1 reserve ratio.
I’d support four of the six petitions.