The Herald has the statement of claim filed by the Free Speech Coalition. Here’s some interesting aspects that show you how badly Auckland Council has acted.
- The decision to cancel was made before a health and safety plan was due to be submitted, showing that health and safety concerns must be phony
- One of the plaintiffs had already booked airfares from Dunedin to attend, so Goff’s actions have caused people to be out of pocket
- The organisers did not expect the venue to provide security. They are very experienced in providing security for events including several larger events in Australia
- RFA refused to engage with the organisers about their alleged security concerns
- Goff said on Radio NZ that it was his decision to cancel the licence but now claims it was made independently
- The organisers were unable to get a private venue at ASB Showgrounds as Goff is a vice patron of them