Several by-elections in Australia this weekend, and the major topic seems to be Labor MP Emma Husar.
Former staff (she went through 20 in two years) have alleged:
- verbal abuse including calling them f***wits and c**ts
- having to walk her dog and pick up its poos
- having to babysit her kids
- one staffer lives with her and does household and nanny chores
- she used government funded cars to meet with her divorce lawyer
- spent parliamentary funds on toilet paper for her home
The defence of her by Bill Shorten has been terrible – basically that she is a solo mum so you need to be sympathetic.