Audrey Young lists the eight problems or headache’s the PM faces this year. They are:
- Capital Gains Tax – will they really fight the next election on taxing everyone who dies with assets, everyone with a lifestyle block, and everyone who owns a small business?
- Kiwibuild – need more be said
- Fair Pay Agreements – the back to the 70s national awards that will allow 10% of workers to force an entire industry into a compulsory award.
- Mental Health Report – they have set such huge expectations for massive change, can they possibly match the expectations?
- Tomorrow’s Schools – will they try and grab power away from parents and place all schools under the direct control of Ministerial appointees instead of parents?
- Social welfare review – will their “kinder” policies do anything except lead to more people on welfare – it’s already started
- Prison reform – will they get the numbers for a catch and release justice system?
- Karel Sroubek – everytime some other family gets deported, the public get reminded of how the Minister intervened to let the gang associate drug dealer stay