Trump is definitely beatable, with his low approval ratings. But he could well win re-election, especially if the Democrats select the wrong candidate.
Here’s my take on how different Dems would do against Trump:
Probably beat him
- Pete Buttigieg – the anti Trump. Intellectual. Served in military. Very likeable. Avoids extreme left policies
- Kamala Harris – a former prosecutor so hard to pigeon hole as a liberal. Popular with broad appeal
- Beto O’Rourke – an empty vessel but a telegenic one who could win just on youth turnout
Probably lose to him
- Bernie Sanders – too left
- Elizabeth Warren – the Native American issue has damaged her
- Kirsten Gillibrand – too unpopular in her own party
- Julian Castro
- Cory Booker
- Amy Klobuchar
What do readers think? Who if selected would do best and worst against Trump?