Todd Muller has appointed his Shadow Cabinet. The front bench are:
- Todd Muller
- Nikki Kaye, Education, Sport
- Amy Adams, Covid-19 Recovery
- Judith Collins, Economic Development, Shadow Attorney-General
- Paul Goldsmith, Finance
- Gerry Brownlee, Foreign Affairs, Shadow House Leader
- Michael Woodhouse, Health
- Louise Upston, Social Development
So three out of the top four are female, and I dare anyone to say they’re not there on merit. I remind people the Government’s Top 8 includes Winston, Kelvin and Phil Twyford.
Great to see Amy Adams unretire. She was a great Minister for Communications and then Social Investment.
The big movers in terms of rankings are:
- Nicola Willis up from 45th to 14th
- Shane Reti from 28th to 17th
- Andrew Bayly from 32nd to 19th
- Lawrence Yule from 43rd to 30th
All well deserved promotions.