Thanks to the 1,150 readers who responded to my survey on potential paid content.
The content that was deemed of most interest (moderate to great) in order was:
- Regular data posts on how NZ is doing 81%
- Exclusive polling on topical issues 72%
- Weekly article on political week 63%
- Interviews with MPs and others 63%
- Analysis of upcoming bills 63%
- Summary of interesting polls in NZ and overseas 62%
So data posts and exclusive polling on topical issues are of most interest.
How much would people be willing to pay:
- Nothing $28%
- $1/month $8
- $2/month 13%
- $3/month 12%
- $4/month 8%
- $5/month 31%
So I’m looking at either $4 or $5 a month.
- Donate facility on KB 70%
- Paywall on KB for premium content 57%
- Additional content on external site 53%
- Micropayments on KB 29%
My thoughts at this stage are:
- Definitely don’t do micropayments
- Definitely allow people to donate
- Set up a Patreon facility but yet to decide whether to integrate it into KB or have seperate
- Have price of $4 or $5 a month
In terms of the first post, I will have exclusive poll results on how people say they will vote on the cannabis referendum – the only poll done since they published the final proposed bill.