Unlimited Potential had their now annual New Year predictions function last night, and it was lots of fun. It was held at the Chamber of Commerce on the 28th floor of the Majestic Centre. The views from there are quite stunning – a lot better than a normal 14th floor or so view because you literally have nothing blocking the view of the city.
My five predictions for 2008 were:
- The new National/Maori Party Government will announce a nationwide FTTM programme – Fibre To The Marae
- Telstra will sell Telstra-Clear to Vodafone
- The “in” gadget will be those with broadband, mapping, GPS and messaging type capability
- Facebook will overtake Bebo as NZ’s preferred social networking site
- We will have our first ever prosecution under the anti-spam act
The predictions are of course not 100% serious. Philip Fierlinger won the most support with his prediction of robots taking over the earth
Mauricio is still predicting the Queen will abdicate. I didn’t have the heart to tell him that she believes she has a divine duty to reign, and would never abdicate!
The event, as usual, was good fun with the normal drinks and Hell Pizza. A full crowd of around 120.No tag for this post.