Peter Dunne has laid out his election wish-list. As most of it is meaningless drivel, he will be able to form a coalition with anyone from ACT to the Greens. And in fact his policy is to do exactly that – back the largest party regardless of their policies.
His list includes:
* Safe and secure communities with more support for the police and a crackdown on gang earnings from illicit drugs;
Well sure who is against safe and secure communities.
* More support for outdoor recreation and high performance sport;
More apple pie and motherhood. This oen done to keep newly merged Outdoor Recreation Party happy.
* More recognition for the role of parents through income splitting for parents raising children;
The only specific pledge. Will never happen with Labour.
* Security in retirement with superannuation payments reflecting the cost of living;
Means nothing, super in fact already increases by far more than the cost of living.
* A reformed student loan scheme to cut current and future debt levels;
And hey without a single detail as to how.
* A new sense of national pride built around the promotion of national identity and a new national day;
More apple pie.
* Stable government where commonsense has replaced political correctness.
Ha – UF rail against Labour as being the most politically correct government ever, yet their commonsense is to keep them in power.