The HoS had a story on complaints against a Takapuna Grammar teacher who has been promoting conspiracy theories to her students. The teacher is Kirsty Gillion, wife of former Alliance MP Grant Gillon.
Her teaching included:
* The Apollo Moon landing was an elaborate hoax filmed in Area 51
* Astronaut Neil Armstrong was a fictitious character invented to deceive the masses
* The number of Jews killed in the Holocaust had been exaggerated
* A commercial airliner did not crash into the Pentagon during the September 11 attack
* Alien life forms were living on Earth.
I know which school will be having a drop in enrolments next year. This makes them look nuts.
Hat Tip: Whale Oil