Feelings of inadequacy

Later this morning is a final panel session on . One of the panelists, , can’t make it due to select committees – so I was asked last night if I would be a replacement.

I stupidly said yes, before checking who else was on the panel.

Sir Kenneth Keith is on the panel. Not only is Sir Kenneth arguably our most emiment jurist (he now sits on the International Court of Justice), he was on the original Royal Commission on the Electoral System. Great I get to look stupid in front of NZ’s most emiment jurist!

Now don’t get me wrong. I like to think a know a fair bit about electoral law and MMP. Possibly more than 99% of the population. But everyone in the room is in the other 1%!

Comments (30)

Login to comment or vote

Add a Comment

%d bloggers like this: