The Government has released its 2015 government policy statement on land transport. It covers the $3.4b annual spend on land transport.
The total budgeted (using mid points of bands) for the next three years for different activities is:
- State highway improvements $3,750 million
- State highway maintenance $1,581 million
- Local road maintenance $1,485 million
- Public transport $1,040 million
- Road policing $915 million
- Local road improvements $594 million
- Regional improvements $225 million
- Investment management $171 million
- Road safety promotion $103 million
- Walking/Cycling improvements $75 million
Looks pretty well balanced. I wouldn’t mind seeing less on road policing and more on road maintenance and improvements!