The Parliamentary Service is currently advertising for:
- An Organisational Development Manager to join the People and Culture Leadership team
- A Senior Organisational Development Advisor
- A Senior Learning and Development Advisor to build people and organisational capability
- A Talent Manager for the People and Culture Leadership team
- A People and Culture Services Manager.
“These all sound like bureaucratic gobbledegook to me.
The jobs may be justified, but the titles are meaningless.
It’s like the school that called their receptionist the director of first impressions.
Can people try to work out what these jobs actually do?
I think a Talent Manager is an HR Manager.
I’m not sure about a Senior Learning and Development Advisor but maybe that is what they now call library staff?
An Organisational Development Manager and Senior Advisor I can’t even guess at.
And the thought of a People and Culture Services Manager scares me!