Stuff has an article and poll on NZ’s ugliest buildings.
The options are:
- The former Auckland Council building, Greys Ave
- The Hilton, 147 Quay St, Auckland
- The Spencer on Byron Hotel, Takapuna
- The Base Shopping Centre, Hamilton
- City council building, Palmerston North
- PMTC Building, Palmerston North
- The Beehive, Wellington
- The former Government Life building, Christchurch
- Civic House, Nelson
But how could they leave off the Supreme Court building?
Photo: John Ansell
After a few weeks of not seeing it I forget how ugly it is, until I view it again.
It is so beautiful inside, but the exterior looks like a Stalinist building with a barbed wire fence.