Labour leader Andrew Little and Wellington Mayor Justin Lester have come out in support of Wellington bus drivers, as tensions continue over their proposed new bus contracts.
Meanwhile, the new operator says the pair have got it wrong, and insists drivers will be better off under the new deal.
Drivers across the region have staged strikes recently in an act of protest at the new contracts.
Crocodile tears from the Labour politicians. Because the Wellington Regional Council that decided on the bus tender is dominated by Labour and Green politicians.
- Penny Gaylor is a former Labour candidate
- Ken Laban is or was a Labour Party member (brother of Winnie)
- Paul Swain is a former Labour MP
- Sue Kedgley is a former Green MP
- Chris Laidlaw is a former Labour MP
- Daran Ponter was elected on the Labour ticket
The WRC is dominated by Labour and Green politicians, so when Lester and Little wail about their bus tender, well they are just appeasing their union bosses.