Newt Gingrich says Trump has achieved more in his first year than any President since Reagan. I disagree, considering the failures to repeal Obamacare and get any funding for his promised wall.
But here is what Gingrich says:
- Trump promised to appoint conservative judges to the federal courts. – no other first-year president has seated this many appellate court judges in the 228-year history of the appellate courts.
- President Trump is also now, without question, the all-time champion of rolling back red tape – The current estimate is that the Trump administration is repealing 22 regulations for every new one it has created.
- President Trump promised a new, smarter, lower-risk strategy to enable the military to do its job and defeat ISIS. ISIS has lost virtually all its territory at minimum risk.
- Announcing that the American Embassy in Israel would be moved to Jerusalem is another campaign promise on which the president followed through
- The president methodically waged a disciplined 11-month campaign to get the large tax cut he believes the American economy needs if it is to grow faster.
- President Trump is also making good on his pledge to make better trade deals for America. Saudi Arabia alone signed as much as $400 billion in contracts with American companies during the president’s visit to Riyadh.
- The black unemployment rate is down dramatically, and CEO and small business confidence are up dramatically.