An interesting analysis of the surveys of NZ secondary school students in 2001,2007 and 2012. This study looks at how Maori youth have done. Some of the positive changes from 2001 to 2012 for Maori youth are:
- Attempted suicide rate down from 11.8% to 6.5%
- Monthly cigarette use down from 27.5% to 10.1%
- Binged drinking in last month down from 51.2% to 32.5%
- Cannabis use down from 34.1% to 14.3%
- Pregnancy rate down from 10.1% to 6.4%
They are pretty large changes. Still too high, but a very good trend.