Marc Thiessen, a conservative columnist, has done (as he did for 2017 also) a list of the ten best things Trump did in 2018. He will also do a list of the ten worst things Trump did. I like the format of the ten best and worst as it gives you a better picture than just reading the diehard fanboys and the diehard haters.
The ten best are:
- He stood by Brett M. Kavanaugh and even in the worst moments never wavered.
- He pulled out of Obama’s disastrous Iran deal and reimposed crippling sanctions on Tehran.
- He’s continued his tough line with Moscow.
- He struck Syria again and eliminated the last vestiges of the Islamic State’s physical caliphate.
- In the six months after the Singapore summit with North Korea, he has made no concessions to Pyongyang.
- His push to expand domestic energy production bore fruit.
- He has ushered in a golden age for women in the CIA.
- He worked with Democrats and Republicans to pass important legislation.
- He delivered for the “forgotten Americans.
- He has secured the release of 19 people, including 16 Americans, from foreign captivity.