The Coalition has 74 confirmed seats, and needs 76 for a majority. There are five seats “in doubt”. Let’s look at those to see how they may go:
- Boothby – Libs ahead by 1,311 votes with 74.6% counted
- Chisholm – Labor ahead by 325 votes with 71.1% counted
- Lilley – Labor ahead by 1,323 votes with 74.3% counted
- Macquarie – Labor ahead by 620 votes with 82.1% counted
- Wentworth- Libs ahead by 1,053 votes with 73.0% counted
The two seats the Libs lead on look pretty good. They could even take Chisholm.
Bill Shorten may be regretting the letter he wrote on February asking for a smooth transition of power.