Arbuckle has been a Marlborough District councillor for 10 years, with three cracks at the mayoralty in that time.
He ran for NZ First in the 2017 general election, but as a late replacement.
This year, after a couple of stints at the party’s “candidates’ college”, he feels better prepared to challenge for the Kaikōura electorate.
I wonder what they teach them at their candidates’ college. Here’s my guesses:
- How to launder money through a foundation
- How to spot an immigrant at 100 yards
- How not to sell policy off too cheaply
- Who is Deputy Leader this week
- Why Vote Racing should be larger than Vote Health
- How to find Wogistan on a map
- How to hire your partner as your electorate agent
- A legal guide to claiming the maximum superannuation entitlement regardless of eligibility
- How to create a fake identity to sign off a poll done by your wife’s polling company
- The best way to sell residency to Chinese businessman
- How to make $156,000 disappear