On the first day of Congress’ freshman orientation, four incoming GOP members realized they shared a special connection: All had first- or second-hand experience living in communist or socialist countries.
The crew quipped that their family histories with brutal dictatorships and their aversion to Big Government basically made them the opposite of the liberal “Squad” that has surged to political stardom in the House.
Taking a page from their social media savvy rivals, they took to Twitter to share the name of their own counterrevolution. And the Republican “Force” was born.
This is a great move. The squad are basically four female Congresswomen who want to turn America into a socialist country and the force are Congresspersons who have (or parents have) actually grown up in (or next to) socialist countries and know how awful they are.
The members are:
- Nicole Malliotakis. Mother from Cuba.
- Carlos Gimenz. Born in Cuba, left at age six.
- Maria Elvira Salazar. Parents are Cuban exiles
- Victoria Spartz. Born in Ukraine, under Soviet rule for first 13 years
- Young Kim. Born in South Korea.
- Michelle Steel. Born in South Korea.