The 2021 Residents Survey in Wellington was a terrible terrible results with less than 1 in 5 Wellingtonians happy with the Council. I thought that was rock bottom, but no they have managed to go even lower so now barely 1 in 10 Wellingtonians are happy with them.
The 2022 survey is here.
- Net satisfaction with Council decision making has dropped from +3% in 2019 to -40% in 2022 (12% satisfied, 52% dissatisfied)
- City Centre is lively and attractive has dropped from 88% in 2017 to 43% in 2022
- Ease of cycling has dropped 37% in 2017 to 17% today
- Feeling safe in the CBD after dark has fallen from 76% in 2019 to 45% in 2022
- Belief WCC makes decisions that are in best interest of Wellington down from 50% in 2017 to 17% in 2022
Wellington needs change.