Net taxpayers in NZ

So 60% of taxpayers receive more in income support and benefits that they pay in tax. That leaves 40% funding those 60% and the vast majority coming from the top 10%.

It is a useful reminder we have a tax and welfare system which is already highly redistributive.

Comments (41)

Login to comment or vote

Add a Comment