Rodney Hide has named the five members of the Auckland Transition Agency. They are:
- Mark Ford, Executive Chair. CEO of Watercare Services Ltd since 1994 and Chairman of ARTA since 2007. Previous roles have included CEO of Auckland Regional Services Trust and CEO of NZ Forestry Corporation.
- Miriam Dean, Extensive legal experience, appointed Queen’s Counsel in 2004. An experienced mediator and arbitrator with strong governance experience.
- John Waller, Chartered accountant with change management expertise. Chairman of the Bank of New Zealand and adviser on many successful restructurings.
- John Law, Extensive Auckland region local government experience, including seven years as Mayor of Rodney District Council (2001-07).
- Wayne Walden, Experienced company director and manager, with extensive governance experience. Former Chair of Maori Television (2003-08). Affiliated to Ngati Kahu and Tai Tokerau.
They have a huge job ahead of them, merging eight Councils together, 6,000 staff and $28 billion of assets.