A good speech by former WTO Head Mike Moore to La Trobe University. Some key points:
* growth of freedom and information was also helping consumers demand more from their governments and businesses.
* there has never been a period in the history of our species where we’ve seen freedoms and living standards rise so consistently for most people
*China has undergone huge advances in freedoms of ordinary citizens
* opponents of free trade were effectively arguing to keep the poorest nations of the world in poverty
* the $12 billion the Un wants to fight AIDS, equates to just 12 days of subsidies paid by rich nations to their protected farmers
* open markets means that cosy, crony capitalists with businesses purchasing privileges from politicians against the interests of workers and consumers, doesn’t work