The first day of depositions into Taito Philip Field (already previously declared by Clark and Cullen to only be guilty of trying to help his constituents) saw the Police summarise their alleged evidence:
- Arranging for false invoices and receipts for work on the houses
- Making false statements himself to the Ingram inquiry
- Arranging for people to make false statements to the inquiry
- Trying to arrange for people to make false statements to a police investigation launched following the Ingram inquiry
- Examples of these included attempts to create receipts for payments for work when no such payments were made
Like Field, I hope it goes to trial before the election.