- Introduce a temporary work visa for up to six months for any legal visitor to New Zealand who obtains a guaranteed seasonal job offer.
- Introduce a Silver Fern Visa to enable people with recognised tertiary qualifications to be in New Zealand for a short period of time to seek permanent employment in highly-skilled areas which are of high value to the New Zealand economy.
- Enable Silver Fern Visa holders to – for a short specified time period – undertake temporary work while seeking highly-paid permanent employment.
- Establish a Retirement Visa for high net-worth people wishing to live in New Zealand at no cost to the taxpayer.
- Ensure Retirement Visa holders indemnify New Zealand from any health, welfare, or superannuation costs.
All looks pretty sensible to me, with extra flexibility in the system.