Read these sentencing notes where Fraser Milne got a mere 30 months in jail (could be out in 10 months) for his offending. He should be facing multiple attempted murder charges and a hugely longer sentence in my opinion. His offending was:
- Driving too fast and swerved to avoid the victims’ car
- Did a u-turn, followed them and forced them to stop
- Demanded they pay for any damage to his car and threatened them that he was in a gang
- They drove away. He followed them and tried to cut them off again.
- They stopped. He tried to force the doors open. Hit the car. Swore at them and yelled his pit bull would eat them
- They drove away. He went to some shops where he made racist remarks about the victims (they were NZ Chinese) and spotted them driving past.
- He chased them for 10 minutes of over 140 km/hr
- When they wouldn’t stop, he hit the back end of their car with his, causing their car to flip into the air
- The car landed upside down. It almost slid down a steep bank. Two children were thrown from the car.
- He approached the upside down car and rather than offer assistance continued to yell racial slurs and threaten violence to the father
- All five people in the car had injuries including a skull fracture in the youngest child
How on earth does all that get just 30 months? The Police should have stuck with attempted murder charges. Ramming a car at high speed, especially with children in it, is just despicable.