Todd Muller has announced a very exciting new policy. It is basically to pay employers $10,000 for every new job they create.
The full speech by Todd Muller is here, and well worth reading.
The details are:
- Would run from 1 November 2020 to 31 March 2021
- An employer will get $10,000 for each additional new FTE they employ
- Capped at $100,000 per employer
- $5,000 will be paid upon hiring and $5,000 after 90 days
- Global cap of 50,000 jobs or $500 million
- Payments are tax free
- Paid out by IRD who will be able to check against payroll data that hires are additional
Also of interest in the speech are:
- Believes we should be in Level 1 now
- Will not increase taxes NZers pay
- Confirm policy allowing businesses to immediately expense assets up to $150,000
- Will regularly raise the minimum wage, but not in the middle of a recession
- Will keep 90 day trial periods