Golriz Ghahraman tweeted this fake headline which is a modern version of the old Jewish blood libel.
It implies Israel is excluding the vaccine from Palestinians. It is a vicious lie designed to smear the Jewish state.
Here’s the facts:
- The Oslo Accords (Article VI, 2) between the Palestinian Authority and Israel stipulate that the Palestinian Authority is responsible for healthcare, including vaccinations, for Palestinians in their territory.
- The Palestinian Authority has not asked for help from Israel
- Israel last year held training courses for medical teams and lab technicians in Palestine and donated coronavirus testing kits
- The Palestinian Authority has chosen to secure four million Russian-made vaccines against COVID-19 which they are expecting in February
- Israel has vaccinated Palestinians who reside in East Jerusalem in line with the Oslo Accords
- Israel’s vaccine operation has run in predominately Arab areas in Israel
- The Israeli PM recently visited two Arab cities (in Israel) to encourage more vaccination
The tweet was an offensive smear. But I doubt there will be an apology.