The Taxpayers’ Union has published some of the so called science projects that have received hundreds of thousands of dollars from the taxpayers.
• $300,000 to prove it is “benevolently sexist” to believe that “men ought to protect and cherish women”.
• $842,000 to find out why there aren’t many Asian people on New Zealand television or in cinema.
• $300,000 to examine how New Zealanders are using dating apps.
• $870,000 to find out whether multiculturalism harms indigenous people.
• $300,000 to examine the relationship between housing and security in Papua New Guinea.
• $870,000 to “re-imagine anti-racism theory in the health sector”.
• $842,000 to study ethnic women politicians in New Zealand.
• $300,000 to find out how religion affects inequality in Fiji.
The $870,000 to re-imagine anti-racism theory in the health sector is my favourite.