I ran a quiz night at the CNI National Party conference in Rotorua last night. The local MPs wrote the questions, and there were a few interesting trivia ones in them which I thought I would share. The answers are written in white and are after the break, so you can highlight them to see the answers.
- The woman in Jack Marshall’s 1956 remodel of the NZ coat of arms is based on which movie star?
- Which politician is quoted as saying “I was in politics for a purpose – my very life was politics. I suppose this was because I was more manly than most women; that’s why I never married”
- What Parliamentary event failed to occur in October 1946?
- What event took place at the beginning of each Parliament between 1896 and the early 1960s?
- What was the first Bill passed by the first Parliament in Wellington in 1856?
- Who was the first Deputy Prime Minister of NZ?
- There have been 17 Deputy Prime Ministers. How many also became Prime Minister, and who?
- Who was the first MP from the CNI Region to become Prime Minister or Premier of NZ?
- How many power stations rely on the Waikato River?
- How many escalators are there in the Coromandel electorate?
- Who served longest as Prime Minister of New Zealand? Jack Marshall, Norman Kirk, Bill Rowling, Geoffrey Palmer or Jenny Shipley?
- How many electorate contests has Sue Moroney MP lost to National candidates in New Zealand’s General Elections?
See how many you know, before looking at the answersNZ Politics