I’ve always regarded the National Front as a not very funny joke, than a serious problem.
However reading about the former NF leader setting up a “secret survivalist militia” does make me wonder if they could become more than a nuisance one day.
The Police seemed very disinterested in them, yet on the face of it the group’s policy manual would provide a far better case for a sedition prosecution than a press release from Tim Selwyn. After all they call for:
* making change any way we can… If that includes militant action, then we will do what we have to do
* urges members to provide supplies, such as weapons and ammunition
* have lies prepared if caught in possession of firearms, and never disclose information on fellow members.
* Even if you do go to jail it would not be for too long.
* an urban survival plan recommending shelters are secured with snipers
Now don’t get me wrong – I’m not saying the Police should do anything because 90% likely they are just a bunch of very stupid racist idiots who couldn’t organise a piss-up in a brewery and writing survival manuals acts as a substitute for having sex.
But they are worth keeping an eye on.